Saturday, January 5, 2013

Water drops in Web

As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after You...a song and verse we are familiar with. I have been thinking, sometimes we need the water so bad and are then too blind to see it right in front of us. Sometimes we want it to rain on us so we don't have to work so hard, or we are just so tired and dehydrated from the drought that we can no longer reach for it ourselves (I've been there). This photgraph I took recently speaks to me about having the water right in front of me...just "hanging" there, if you will, for me to just open my mouth. The water drops in the photo are suspended by a fine spider's web...all organized and full of texture and substance. It reminds me of the Word of God, the Bible. It is in front of me, all organized and full of the refreshing water, texture and substance of Life I need. I have just in the past two days pulled out my Chronological Bible that is organized by timelime and also broken into daily readings and been reading it. Sometimes I just need that organized reading schedule to keep me on track and sort of accountable. Plus, I quite enjoy reading in chronological time periods, because some of the books of the Bible overlap in time periods and we can get the whole picture from both at the same time. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment