Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Have Never Left Me Alone



This is a painted representation of a photograph that I took recently. There was a rainbow across the sky in it's typical colors and the sky was it's usual grayish-blue, cloudy hues...I was inspired by a revelation and I took some artistic liberties and made this scene into a brilliant golden and fiery toned sunset with an iridescent and diamond shine rainbow. God was speaking to me about His promise of faithfulness to me; to remember His sure and steadfast mercy toward me. The sunset may represent the sun going down and the darkness coming, but I remember that rainbow - how His presence goes with me and How He will never leave me alone. And as sure as the sun sets, it will also rise again bringing the illuminating light that chases away the shadows of darkness - and He is still with me...His mercies new every morning and His steadfast love never failing. As you see this painting, I pray that you too come into an encounter with the Lord - that he speaks to you, penetrating your heart and soul. That He moves you in a way that will change you forever, becoming captivated by His Love and kindness.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as usual, Laura! I love the blue color the most...to me that is bright morning skies - a promise that there is hope for the day and that His mercies are new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! i love this! it looked like the globe to me, the nations in warm colors! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete