Sunday, May 29, 2011

Come Meet Me in the Garden of my Heart



As I was painting this garden scene, I was thinking of how crowded it seemed and very busy looking - almost too much to take in. I was painting this while in the prayer room at Convergence House of Prayer in Fremont...mostly because I needed a place where I could relax, concentrate, enjoy being alone with God with no loud noises from my children, or disruptions from the endless time-sucking projects and house cleaning. I was listening to Jordan Simas doing his devotional set and he sang the words: "Come meet me in the garden of my heart...". Yes!, here is the garden of my heart - a busy, cluttered, colorful and crowded garden. Yes Lord, come and meet me here in the garden of my heart...please find me, join me, remind me of how beautiful You think it is. Show me beauty in the struggle and the rewards of cultivation. You are my peace.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Laura. I feel like this most days. Like my heart is a crowded place. How could the King of Kings reside there? Yet, He does. I am so grateful that He chooses to live in the garden of my heart, with all of it's clutter and mess! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW....This picture is amazing and beautiful. I luv it. Stephanie I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Laura! I'm coming over from Barbie's place and am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me as well. It is always great to meet another Spirit-filled Sister on blogspot!

    God bless you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful serene garden Laura! As I gaze upon the garden I can smell the sweet aroma that soothes the soul. Keep entering into His court and listen to His heart. He loves you!

    ReplyDelete