Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Changing the Way You See




I saw this photo image of a baby from an ad in a magazine dated from 1999 and I HAD to cut it out...that face just moved me in a supernatural way. I held onto this ad photo for some time before I knew what to do with it. Recently I was moved by the Holy Spirit to paste this to a canvas in a collage sort of way, and then to paint over it. I took a photo of this painting/collage and then edited it with the outerspace overlay. I made an artistic expression through a different way of seeing. This theme of seeing in a different way is very intriguing to me. The Bible talks of "child-like faith", and that all are children of God through faith (Gal 3:26). The scripture 2Cor 3:18 sticks out to me as well...with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the Glory of the Lord...transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord (NAS). Somehow, as an adult, we have lost the ability to see simply and deeply. I believe that babies can see into the Spirit easily and often without even trying...their innocent little eyes beholding the beauty of Heaven and the activities of Angels. I want to see this...again. I must become like a child again, even a baby of sorts. I prophesy and declare that I am a seer of Heavenly Realms, a Child of God by faith in Christ, and going from glory to glory - transformed into His likeness.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! You are amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I take away from this beautiful work of art is how children are a gift from God....and how close they are to God's glory - and like you said, can see into the Spirit easily. It also made me think of this quote:

    "The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts - a child - as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience." -Mother Teresa

    How sad....

    ReplyDelete