Friday, June 24, 2011

Drawn to Intimacy



This image popped into my mind so quickly and intensely that I had to drop what I was doing and paint immediately (It helps that I have been home for the last few days). I wasn't even listening to my favorite soaking, or worship music...as a matter of fact I think I was bent over the washing machine pulling out the clothes to put in the dryer - an endless task. I was what you would call "task-driven" at that particular moment, and God captivated my mind and heart with His call to immediate intimacy. He reminded me that I was made for intimacy...that we all are made for intimacy. The deep dark forest calls the viewer deeper into it and if we take the time to really look, He will show us His sign of Love in the very trees and flowers. I am drawn in...deeper. When I come, will you recognize me God? I hope I haven't been away too long.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I love this one! I want to buy it!!! Let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I also love that God spoke to you where you were....doing the mundane, ordinary job of a wife and mother - and out came this beauty!

    ReplyDelete