Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Creation

I have been pondering the role of Wisdom lately, of course I am in the book of Proverbs these days so that accounts for most of it.  Wisdom is a Spirit of God, and likened to the Holy Spirit, and in creation He is present and active. This verse from Prov. 8:22-31 is fascinating and has brought about a move in my spirit to express "creation".  I used my hands and fingers only, so I could connect with the canvas in an intimate way - using both the left and right hands so both sides could create and paint.  This is what came out of that endeavour...the swirling elements of the earth and mankind being formed.  Below is the scripture:
"The Lord brought me forth as the first of His works,
before His deeds of old:
I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began
When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
when there were no springs abounding with water
before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth,
before He made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world,
I was there when He set the heavens in place and marked out the horizon on the face of the deep
when He established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep
when He gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep His command
and when He marked out the foundations of the Earth
then I WAS THE CRAFTSMAN at His side.
I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in His presence
rejoicing in His whole world
and delighting in all of mankind."
Prov. 8:22-31  NIV (emphasis added)

1 comment:

  1. So thankful you found the time to create today. It's beautiful, as are you my friend! I've been reading Proverbs too!

    ReplyDelete