Monday, May 27, 2013

No One Can Contain the Flight of the Soul



     I was listening to a song with the phrase "No one can contain the flight of the soul...", and "They don't see that real freedom lives within, so carry me away Lord"  This has so inspired me because it is true that I sometimes feel as if I am in a cage...a cage of my own body, a cage of expectations, a cage of demands and responsibilities, a cage of my own wants and desires or a cage that others put me in.  Like a caged bird who longs to fly.  What I have missed is that I CAN soar on the wings of my soul...I can escape to other realms in praise, prayer and the melody of a song.  Misty Edwards expressed this during the song I referred to above.  She also sang, "put your hook in my heart and let my soul take flight as I sit in this cage...carry me away Lord"  I CAN fly, and no one and nothing can contain the flight of my soul.  I can be free...and freedom from the restraints of a cage is really resonating with me right now...God carry me away --
This painting was done in the strength of this inspiration and the wing colors, although I didn't know why at the time of it, refers to the wings of a phoenix I believe. Restoration from the ashes. There could be multiple other meanings for you...let me know of some you can think of.



1 comment: