Sunday, August 21, 2016

Dregs

 
      As I was reading the scripture from Zephania1:13 , the statement from the Lord that he would "punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on it's dregs"(NIV) - It jus hit me that I feel exactly like that verse...like wine left on it's dregs...left untouched, almost empty as when people leave the last swallow of milk in the fridge and never touch it again.  Valued and useless at the same time.  Am I complacent?  Neither hot nor cold?  I am both!  I feel just about empty and what is left is starting to sour. In this painting I used pouring medium to "pour my heart out" in color...the different colors are of a vineyard and the grapes, various purple, yellow, and burgundy.  The green leaves of the vine together with the produce of that vine are the life and the New Wine that I need.  I feel like the dregs...I need to be filled with the fullness of the Vine again.

1 comment: