Sunday, April 6, 2014

Arise

     When asked what the title of this painting was, I had to think.  Umm, its a Phoenix rising out of the ashes; the cliche' everyone knows.  But this is different I say, not only is the fire representative of the destruction, but also representative of the Light of the World, Jesus.  It's the fire of the Holy Spirit, the fire of cleansing and purging - the fire that burns us, and yet leads us out.  It's more than just the cliche'.  What does one call that?
     The image in my mind came to me as a result of the atmosphere around me, at home, at work, in church, and in the lives of my friends.  There was a definite tension in the air, a sort of depression and heartache.  The yearning and groaning of the soul I would say.  My home life seemed to be falling apart and the relationships around me seemed unstable and strained.  At work, my colleagues were going through various health and emotional situations causing tension and sadness in the air.  I was straining and grasping at church for some connection, and my friends had seams that were tearing at the edges as well - which finally brought me to the alter for prayer and a word from God.  He told me that I was going to rise again, like a Phoenix - there it is.   But more than that...I believe that my painting goes beyond just me, but to ALL those who need that assurance and hope.  We, with all our various emotional colors, add to the color of the feathers.  We SHALL rise and be renewed - lead by the Light of the World and the power of the Holy Spirit.  The burning and the purging shall come to an end - this too shall pass ( as the cliche' as that sounds).  We rise again, born anew, strengthened by the struggle - the beautiful struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment