Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Entry

     This was painted at the "Declaring His Worth" conference at Convergence House of Prayer.  I was very privileged to be invited to paint during worship, especially since it was lead by Laura Hacket of IHOP (international house of prayer).  During pre-worship rehearsal and prayer, I wondered what the emerald rainbow that surrounds the throne of God looked like from above...also, what a portal to His throne might look like.  I got an image in my mind and attempted to get it on canvas...what came out was not what I had intended or what I had seen, but something looking similar to a flower (NOT my intention)...some kind of psychedelic burst of color.  Later as I tried to work out in my heart what I had done...the revelation came.  Like a flower bloom, the petals envelope us and close in on us, thus sending us through the center and into another realm...kind of like a venus fly trap, only not deadly. I don't know, just seems so unfathomable, and not really what I wanted or can understand. Am I over thinking this?  Is there an answer or revelation that makes sense?  Is it just some kind of strange flower???  I had hoped for so much more...yet maybe it is??

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love it. I don't think it's an accident that it turned out the way it did. I don't have the revelation, but I am sure God will tell you. So glad you painted during the conference.

    ReplyDelete